Are you passionate about basketball and committed to developing young people?
At Birmingham Rockets, we are expanding our schools and community offering and are seeking skilled and dedicated basketball coaches to join our community coaching team.
- Plan and execute effective training sessions for various age groups and skill levels.
- Foster a positive and inclusive team culture that promotes sportsmanship and collaboration.
- Provide individualised coaching to maximise player development.
- Represent the Rockets brand postively in both schools and community environments.
- Basketball coaching experience
- Knowledge of basketball techniques, tactics, and game strategies.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire young people to achieve their best.
- Commitment to fostering a positive and respectful environment.
- Access to own transport or ability/willingness to travel across Birmingham/surrounding areas as required.
🏆 What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Opportunity to work with a passionate and dedicated team.
- Working for a respected and experienced sporting organisation.
- Potential for career advancement within the organisation.
Who are we?
- Established in 2003, City of Birmingham Rockets are the biggest basketball club in Birmingham with teams from Under 9s through to senior men’s & women’s teams in NBL & WNBL Division One.
- Our extensive schools & community programme sees over 1,350 young people each week across the city on location in schools or at our various community hubs across the city.
- We run the only recognised Elite Academy in the West Midlands at BMet College as part of our elite basketball pathway.
- We provide basketball opportunities for people of all ages and abilities through our team of dedicated coaches.
📍 Location: Birmingham, UK
If you’re ready to make a significant impact on the future of basketball and contribute to the success of Birmingham Rockets, we want to hear from you!
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 19th January 2024.
Please note that due to the urgency of filling this role, applications will be reviewed upon submission so don’t delay – apply today!
Join us in shaping the future of basketball excellence in the city of Birmingham! 🚀🏀